Looking to boost your mood? Maybe you should try smelling some stuff. Yeah, we know. That sounds weird, but it's true. Beverley Hawkins, owner of the Vancouver-based West Coast Institute of Aromatherapy, has done a few studies on how smells trigger memories, increase happiness and maybe even activate your immune system!
Well, it does the same thing for your productivity and focus. Here are a few of the things you should put in your air fresheners, oil or candle basket if you want to boost your mood:
- Lemon - helps concentration and calms you
- Lavender - calms you and helps control emotional stress
- Jasmine - calms nerves and is used as an anti-depressant
- Rosemary - fights exhaustion - both physical and mental. Helps with headaches (good to note!)
- Cinnamon - Helps fight mental fatigue and boosts concentration
- Peppermint - helps with energy levels and promotes concentration, as well as clear thinking