If you know me, you know I love DIY projects (in the modern world of Pinterest, who doesn't)! Well, I've been visiting Ben Franklin Crafts in Oconomowoc lately, and I'm starting to get back into making more projects. They've teamed up with me to bring you a new craft video every month!
For the first "Shannen "Oh So Crafty"" video, we decided to go with a Valentine's Day theme, so you would have enough time to complete it before the actual holiday! Check out these cool Valentine's Day Pockets that you can put little goodies in. They're super cute, and you can decorate them however you want! Watch the video below for instructions and find the materials necessary below. You can get them all at Ben Franklin Crafts!
Don't forget to send me pictures of your finished project! Use the hashtag #FM1061OhSoCrafty
Valentine's Day Pocket Pattern
Heart Pocket Valentine
Materials & Tools:
- Double sided scrapbook paper
- ribbon - 10" to 12"
- Double sided adhesive tape
- paper cutter
- paper punch
- scoring blade for paper cutter
- single side adhesive tape (optional)
- Free printable pattern
- Optional embellishments: stickers, gems, etc...
- Print pattern and cut out.
- Cut a 6" x 8" rectangle from scrapbook paper
- Score the rectangle down the middle in the long direction - 3" from a long side
- Fold rectangle in half along score line
- Place pattern on top, mark diagonal cutting lines at the top and trim away through both layers
- Open rectangle, place pattern on LEFT side. Make a light mark by the red lines. Connect the marks.
- Cut along the marked line on the left side only.
- Optional: put a piece of single sided tape horizontally under the bottom point of the heart section to reinforce it.
- Put double stick adhesive along the lower edges of the left side - outside and bottom only.
- Adhere to the back of the card to form a pocket.
- Use the paper punch to punch through both layers of paper at the black circle.
- Tie the ribbon to the back side of the card, run through the front and tie in a bow.
- Embellish as desired