New year, new me, right? That's how it always works out! Well, if you've got one of those health-conscious goals, we have a recommendation for you: eat more seafood.
No, we're not talking about that deep-fried, beer-battered goodness that us Wisconsinites know and love. Rather, if you like things like salmon, grouper, whatever - "Seafood has many science-backed benefits for your mental health, immunity, cardiovascular system and brain development...Eating more fish and shellfish is one of the easiest ways you can reduce your risk of depression, dementia, heart disease, and more." (Keri Gans, MS, RD, CDN)
- Seafood can prevent and reduce symptoms of depression
- Seafood decreases the risk of Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Seafood protects your heart
- Seafood builds up your immune system and lowers inflammation
- Seafood promotes infant and child development