Beacsue of COVID-19 Americans are planning to take less summer vacation this year, which may not be so great for their mental health. There's many studies that prove taking a vacation has lots of benefits, and there are ways to feel like you are on one even if you don’t go anywhere.
But what can you do to get that “vacation” feeling without actually traveling:
- Talk to friends and family about a vacation/vacation memory, especially those you traveled with
- Look at photos and videos from your trip
- Share memories with those you've traveled with
- Wear clothes and use souvenirs you bought on vacation
- Listen to music that reminds you of the vacation
- Start planning your next vacation
- Cook the local cuisine or a meal that reminds you of a past trip
If you're looking for an idea to travel to Mexico you can whip up Ridder's authentic arrancheras (Carne asada) and pump up this Fiesta Playlist.
Travel to the Carolina coast by slathering some Pimento Cheese on crackers while taking in Charleston Harbor.