Leftovers are KING when you're trying to save money or maybe, you're someone who thoroughly believe that you have to let the flavors blend, so leftovers taste better than the original concoction. Well, the problem is...every bit of food has a lifeline. Sometimes, leftovers can do us wrong...very wrong. According to The Healthy, there are 11 leftovers that can make you sick faster than you think!
- Eggs - Mainly due to issues with salmonella. They're probably not a food you want to save for later because you use a gentle heat to cook them, which doesn't eliminate bacteria
- Beets - research found nitric oxide in the vegetable can react badly if cooked and reheated
- Potatoes - Once again, anything that's cooked at a "not-that-hot" temperature for a slow amount of time, they foster growth of certain bacteria
- Spinach - Same reason as beets!
- Rice - This harbors a certain bacteria that multiplies at room temperature so if you are saving it, make sure to put it in the fridge quickly
- Chicken - Another one with high salmonella and the potential for bacteria to multiply
If you want the full list, click here!