We've gotten quite a bit done this week as far as the wedding goes, despite standing up in a ton of weddings this month! We've chosen our DJ and met with a florist or two, so we're really in a good place, which means: we get to start doing a few fun things. I've kept making checklists of things I want to accomplish before we get to do the "fun" stuff, SO: we've got our photographer, venue/caterer, done a decent job of narrowing our guest list and now, have signed our DJ! That means: we can start working on the website.
I was super excited about this process, and I already had the idea of buying a domain (just because it's cheap, and it'd be easier for people to remember for RSVPing). I started looking at ideas and realized: I have too much to write and no idea what to write. If I don't even know what to do, I'm sure my fiance will be just as lost as I am!
So, I have a few questions for you - whether you have or haven't made one of these bad boys on Zola, The Knot or somewhere else:
- First of all, which website platform would you recommend? I've heard of several different wedding websites and don't know that there's much of a difference. I think we've decided to stick with ZOLA.
- Second: do you actually read through the website ever? Or do you just go to the RSVP page?
- What things do you like to read about on the website?
- What type of pictures do you like to see on a couple's wedding website?
- Do you like to know how everyone in the bridal party know the bride and groom?
- Should you have a separate page for pictures?
- Do you include your registry on the website?
- Is there anything that I'm missing? (Of course, I know that the information for the wedding should be there, as well as accommodations. Should I include pictures of the venue for curious people?)
I know I'm thinking about it too much, but you have honestly been so helpful with this wedding-planning stuff and have had some GREAT ideas! I also type too much...yes, I know I'm long-winded, but that's why I want to know what info people like to read. So, I'm just throwing it out there!