Jesse & I have been trying to be better with our meal prepping each week, but sometimes it gets a little challenging when trying to cook up everything in all different pots & pans and what not .... so that's when the Crock-Pot comes in to save the day!
This is one of our favorite meals that I make in it, and we hadn't made it in awhile .... so I made it on Sunday for the week.
It's Crock-Pot Salsa Verde Chicken that I found on Pinterest, and it's super easy to make (minimal ingredients). I'm a weirdo when it comes to eating meat, so we get the organic Smart Chicken from Outpost in Bay View, but obviously you don't have to do that if you don't want to. I highly suggest that brand though because it's delicious! I also cook up rice on the side to serve this over.
You can cook it on High for 3-4 hours, or Low for 5-6 hours. I go with Low because in my opinion, it tastes better. Throw it all in there, and enjoy!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 jar (16-ounces) Salsa Verde (Always watch the Sugars in salsas if you're trying to be healthier ... check check check the label)
- 1 can (14.5-ounces) chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon (or to taste) ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon (or to taste) chili powder
- 1 onion , diced, for garnish (I put this in with everything else in the Crock-Pot to cook)
- chopped parsley or cilantro , for garnish (I opt out of this part because I am not about that cilantro life)