(Have you ever seen a more gorgeous appliance in your whole life?)
I can't remember which holiday I made this for first, but this is literally the easiest Key Lime Pie recipe of all time (besides buying it at the store of course).
I recently discovered that I should be dairy free, and I tried to make a dairy free version this past weekend, but failed miserably. So my body suffered a little bit when I went for the second round with all dairy products but let me tell you IT WAS WORTH IT.
My friend Angela gave me this recipe a couple of years ago, and now... I pass it on to you, my friend.
- 1 Box of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 Cup of lime juice (we tried the Key Lime juice and it was a little too much, so I would stick with regular lime)
- 1 Can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Container of Cool Whip
- 1 Pre-made graham cracker crust (I bought the GF one since it's kinda a pain to make. I've done it, but it's no cake walk ... or pie walk)
- Whipped cream or another container of Cool Whip
Mix the instant vanilla pudding, lime juice, and condensed milk together. Leave it in the fridge to set for a little bit (I think for me it's always around 2 hours), and then mix in 1 container of Cool Whip. Put the mixture in the pre-made crust. Then top with either more Cool Whip or whipped cream.
I wish I had a picture to share with you of the finished pie, but we couldn't control ourselves and inhaled it pretty quickly. Trust your old pal though .... it tastes and looks delicious!