We all have those people in our life that make our day. According to Smart Girls Screw Up Too: The No-Nonsense Guide to Creating The Life You Want, you only need seven friends to live a happy life. Each of these people fill a different role:
1. The Catalyst: According to Mamamia Out Loud, an Australian podcast for women, the first Zanesco-approved member of your friend group is the “catalyst”, or the person who inspires transformation and pushes you out of your comfort zone. This individual emboldens you to brave reformer class, ask for a raise at work, or flirt with your crush.
2. The Player: The one you keep around for those occasions when you’re ready to kick back with horoscope-appropriate cocktails, and just laugh for hours.
3. The Nurturer: The caring BFF you call when you need to cry—and your mom doesn’t pick up her phone.
4. The Inspirer: Parting with this person leaves you with a head full of new thoughts and ideas. They spark the occasional existential crisis, and may just convince you to go full-on Marie Kondo on your closet.
5. The Challenger: This tribe member has no fear of testing your opinions, helping you dive deep into why you believe what you believe, and—yes—occasionally infuriating you (but in a good way).
6. The Lover: This individual just loves you, period.
7. The Maker: You can go ahead and put parentheses around this person, because whether or not they’re in your life is totally up to you. The maker is your partner, but (of course!), you can totally be your own maker, too.
So, which one are you? Can you name a friend to fit each personality? Read more here.